New Year's topiary is an excellent element in a festive interior. To celebrate the New Year 2020, you can make some charming mini-trees with your own hands. This will not take much time, and the result will be pleasing to the eye for a very long time. Below are a few options for DIY do-it-yourself topiary for 2020. According to the instructions given, you can duplicate products or use them as a basis for creating your own version of the decoration.
Classic Christmas tree
- base: small flower pot (or decorative bucket), gypsum (cement or polyurethane foam);
- barrel: pencil, or wooden sticks, or "Chinese stick", or cylindrical from ice cream, or a branch (it is desirable that the diameter be at least 5 mm);
- crown: a foam cone (you can buy it in a decor store or make it yourself by cutting a foam from a rectangular parallelepiped), or from thick paper;
- decor: Christmas tinsel, small balls (different colors can be used), cotton wool;
- for fastening: adhesive tape (regular and double-sided), super-glue (or glue gun), twine (any other thick thread).
- For the future crown, a ready-made foam or paper cone is used. To make a crown of paper, you need to take cardboard and draw contours on it.
You can print a template, or put a pair of compasses in the corner of the sheet and draw an arc. If there is no compass, use a pen with a thread tied to it. The free end of the thread is held at the point of the corner, pull the handle to the desired length of the cone and draw an arc. The resulting cone is cut out and glued with adhesive tape along and across the connecting seam.
- In order to get the barrel, you need to take an even wand or pencil. If the sticks are thin, then they are tied together to obtain the barrel of the desired thickness. The barrel can be covered with paint or wrapped with twine or thread. No need to paint or wrap the entire trunk, just the part that will be visible is enough.
- The trunk is fixed at the base (flower pot) in a special hole that is designed for water, using super-glue. If there is no hole, then at the bottom you can put a small piece of plasticine and stick it into its trunk. In order to fix the base well, gypsum (cement or polyurethane foam) is poured into the pot.
Important! When working with polyurethane foam, it must be borne in mind that it will increase in size.
- While the base dries, you need to make the bottom of the crown. For this, the base of the cone is circled and cut out the resulting circle. You can use green cardboard. In its center, you need to make a hole for the trunk. The base is glued to the cone with tape.
- The crown is placed on the trunk.
- Next, decorate the resulting Christmas tree. First you need to glue the balls with super-glue or tape, evenly distributing them over the crown. It is better to use double-sided tape for this. With its help, tinsel is also glued: a piece of double-sided tape is placed on the top of the cone and the edge of tinsel is glued to it. Then they wrap the entire trunk with it, fixing it on a double-sided tape.
- The pot can also be wrapped in tinsel around the circumference, securing it to double-sided tape.
- To decorate the base, put cotton in the middle of the pot. You can use grain, or sawdust, etc.
- Additionally, the tree is decorated with a small asterisk at the top, beads, and under the crown you can put small gifts.
New Year's topiary can be not only a part of the interior, but also decorate the holiday table. To celebrate the New Year 2020, you can make a topiary dessert.
- base: flat small plate and large apple;
- trunk: long carrots;
- décor: kiwi, grapes, strawberries, carambola (cut in the form of an asterisk) orange and any other fruits, parsley or fresh mint leaves;
- Toothpicks are used to connect the decor.
- The apple is cut off the bottom so that its base becomes flat and stable.
- In the upper part, a depression is made that matches the diameter with the base of the carrots. The "trunk" is inserted into it.
- Toothpicks (they should not be too long, so they can be broken) evenly and densely stick into the apple base and carrots.
- Then they string fruit. Hollows and the bottom of the Christmas tree are decorated with greenery.
Another delicious New Year's topiary with which you can meet the New Year 2020.
- base: flower pot, gypsum (polyurethane foam, cement);
- trunk: branch;
- crown: foam ball or round floral sponge;
- decor: small tangerines, green sisal;
- connection: PVA glue, toothpicks or skewers.
- Fix the branch in the pot with plasticine or a small piece of a floral sponge. Fill with gypsum (mounting foam, cement).
- A floral sponge or foam ball is glued to the branch.
- Mandarins are attached to the ball with toothpicks or skewers. Fruits should be small so that they are firmly attached and do not fall.
- The spaces between the tangerines and the base of the pot are decorated with green sisal. Striped corrugated paper can also be used.
The principle is the same as in the previous version of the topiary, only marmalades are used as decoration.
- base: foam ball or cone;
- decor: marmalade sweets (for a New Year tree it is better to use red, green and white);
- fastening: toothpicks or skewers.
The implementation of such a topiary is quite simple: marmalades are alternately pounded onto the base with the help of skewers or toothpicks. The length of the skewers can be adjusted using scissors or nippers.
A child will like this tree very much. It is only necessary to stock up on a sufficient number of marmalades, since in the process of creating a masterpiece, most of them can be eaten.
- basis: flower pot, gypsum (cement or polyurethane foam);
- trunk: stick;
- crown: foam cone;
- decor: pebbles (or large oval beads), paper napkins with a pattern in green tones, seeds (seeds, flax, grain, ready-made mixture for birds), twine or twine;
- connection: PVA glue or glue gun.
- In the pot, secure the trunk with plaster. You can additionally decorate the pot with a bow from twine.
- Glue the cone to the barrel with PVA glue or a glue gun.
- Cut circles from napkins and wrap them with pebbles or beads. Napkins adhere well with PVA glue.
- Glue the stones to the conical crown (it is more convenient to use a glue gun here).
- Wrap the resulting Christmas tree with twine or twine, oiled with glue.
- Pour the grain into the pot. To prevent it from spilling out, PVA is poured into it first.
- base: decorative bucket or flower pot;
- crown: foam or foam ball, or round floral sponge;
- decor: small plastic Christmas balls, sprigs of artificial Christmas tree or tinsel, decorated scotch tape, snowflakes stickers or stencils for snowflakes and white paint, silver paint;
- connection: PVA glue or glue gun.
- Repaint a flower pot or bucket in silver.
- After the paint has dried, stick snowflakes on it or draw them in white.
- Glue the sides of the pot or bucket with decorated tape.
- Glue the ball to the base.
- From the Christmas balls, pull out the fasteners and stick the balls to the ball.
- Decorate the gaps between the balls with tinsel or Christmas trees.
How to make a New Year’s topiary with your own hands: video