Snacks on the festive table play the role of a “prelude” to the main meal. They are served at the very beginning of the feast in order to increase the appetite of the guests and encourage them to try all the other dishes. Hot and cold snacks for the New Year 2020 can become a real decoration of the festive table, captivating with their mouth-watering appearance and spectacular design. From this article you will draw interesting ideas for preparing and serving holiday dishes that will be remembered by you and your guests.
Tartlets are one of the options for baking, which is shaped into small baskets with curly edges. They are not used as an independent dish, but used to serve finely chopped foods and snacks. Due to the neutral taste, tartlets are perfectly combined with a wide variety of ingredients. Beautiful baskets can be bought ready-made, but if you have small baking tins, prepare tartlets yourself. Tasty products are made from shortcrust pastry.
For 12-15 tartlets you will need:
- 200 g butter or margarine;
- 400 g flour;
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of sugar;
- a pinch of salt.
Step by step cooking:
1. Combine flour with water, sugar and salt.
2. Add very soft butter and egg.
3. Thoroughly mix the ingredients and manually knead the thick dough.
4. Give the mass a sausage shape and cut into several pieces - according to the number of servings.
5. Roll each piece into a small cake, wrap with cling film and send to the refrigerator.
6. After half an hour, take the workpiece one at a time and roll it out with a rolling pin.
7. Transfer the rolled cake into the baking tin and carefully smooth the inside surface with a spoon to make the tartlet neat.
8. Pierce the workpieces a few times with a fork and place in the oven.
9. Bake until a pleasant golden color at a temperature of 200 ° C. This will take about 15-20 minutes.
10. Cool the pastries, and only then remove from the tins.
For filling ready tartlets, you can use any salad dressed with mayonnaise. It is better to choose foods that produce less juice so that the dough is not wet.
Here are simple and tasty recipes for toppings for baskets:
- cream cheese + boiled eggs + red fish + mayonnaise;
- bell pepper + boiled shrimp + canned corn + greens + sour cream;
- boiled chicken breast + fried mushrooms + fried onions + mayonnaise;
- boiled eggs + crab sticks + hard cheese + mayonnaise;
- processed cheese + eggs + garlic + olives.
Start tartlets just before serving to preserve the crisp structure of shortcrust pastry.
Armenian pita bread is considered a universal basis for preparing a variety of snacks, including in the form of rolls. Everything is prepared very simply, but it turns out satisfying and tasty.
The principle of cooking snacks:
- Cut the sheets of pita bread across into two parts, cut the edges, giving the parts the appearance of a neat rectangle or square.
- Lay the sheet on a flat surface, brush with mayonnaise or other sauce.
- Lay out the filling on top and evenly distribute throughout the pita bread.
- On top of the first layer, lay another sheet of pita bread, apply mayonnaise and filling again.
- Repeat layers until all pita sheets are finished.
- Gently roll the layers into a roll, wrap with cling film and send to the refrigerator.
If you like pita bread crunching nicely, prepare the roll a couple of hours before serving. If you prefer more delicate and soft snacks, let him lie overnight in the refrigerator. Before serving, cut into pieces and put on a serving plate.
As in the case of tartlets, various combinations of products can be used for filling pita bread:
- canned mackerel + boiled eggs + greens;
- crab sticks + egg + corn;
- slightly salted red fish + soft cream cheese + chopped dill;
- ham + hard cheese + fresh cucumbers with greens;
- Korean carrots + boiled eggs + processed cheese.
Each product can be laid out in a separate layer or mix the ingredients in a single salad mass.
Deep-Fried Cheese Balls
Roasting any product in a large amount of fat - deep-fried - allows you to get a golden crust, crispy and very tasty. The deep-fat fryer seems to seal the juice inside the product so that the unusual snack remains juicy. Try deep-fried cheese balls - both adults and children will be happy to crunch them.
- 400 g of hard cheese;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- 1 cup unsweetened corn flakes;
- 3 tbsp wheat flour;
- 1 bottle of vegetable oil - about 900 ml.
How to cook:
- Grate the cheese on a fine grater in a deep bowl.
- Pick up a small handful of cheese mass and lightly crush, giving it a ball shape.
- Roll the whole cheese mass into balls and lay it in one layer on a flat surface.
- Grind corn flakes into a coarse powder using a blender. A rolling pin and a solid mortar are also suitable for this task.
- Pour the crushed cereal into a deep bowl - the breading for the balls is ready.
- Beat the raw egg slightly with a mixer in a wide container.
- Sift the wheat flour into another bowl.
- Pour the vegetable oil into the pan and set to warm. Pour a lot of oil so that the balls literally float in it.
- Roll the cheese ball in flour, then dip in a bowl with an egg and finally breaded in corn flakes.
- Spread immediately in hot oil and fry over medium heat on all sides to a golden hue.
Put the finished snack on a paper towel that will absorb excess fat. For guests' convenience, each ball can be pricked with a toothpick - it will be more convenient to dip it into the sauce. The appetizer goes well with tomato and garlic sauce, and it can be served both hot and cold.
New Year's canapes
When there is no time to prepare complex holiday dishes, a variety of canapes will come to the rescue. These are miniature sandwiches, which are obtained by stringing ready-made ingredients on skewers. Canapes look very elegant on the table, and cooking them is not difficult even with a shortage of time. The main thing is to correctly combine the products so that they do not interrupt the taste of each other.
Interesting combinations for serving skewers appetizers:
- slices of feta cheese, cucumber slices, olives and cherry tomatoes;
- figuratively sliced slices of fresh cucumber, halves of quail eggs, mayonnaise and red caviar;
- hard cheese, large shrimps, mini slices of lemon, green onions;
- dried slices of bread, thin plates of cheese, slices of sausage and black olives;
- slices of black bread with butter, halves of quail eggs, thin slices of salted herring without bones, sprigs of dill;
- sliced baguette with sesame seeds, lettuce, envelope-rolled ham, half a cherry tomato.
A light meal is sent to the mouth in its entirety to taste all the ingredients at once. New Year's canapes on skewers - a great option for a buffet table or corporate party.
Champignons have gained popularity among housewives due to their availability - they can be bought at any time of the year, without waiting for the mushroom season. This mushroom is also used as an interesting New Year snack - the hat is freed from the legs and stuffed with delicious minced meat.
What you need to cook:
- 300 g of mushrooms with a big hat;
- 1 raw onion;
- 100 g of hard cheese;
- 2 tbsp sour cream;
- 50 g butter;
- parsley, spices and salt to taste;
- sunflower oil for frying.
- Wash mushrooms thoroughly under running water.
- Using a teaspoon, very carefully remove the champignon leg, while at the same time clearing part of the pulp from the cap.
- Rub the hats with a little salt and spices.
- Grind the mushroom pulp and legs with a knife.
- Separately, chop onions in half rings and start frying in preheated butter.
- As soon as the onions become transparent, add the chopped mushrooms to the pan and fry together with the onions for another 10 minutes, not forgetting to stir.
- Pour the frying into a separate bowl, cool slightly, add half the grated cheese and sour cream.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly - the champignon filling is ready.
- Stuff the prepared mushroom caps and sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese.
- Place the dish in the oven, preheated to 180 ° C.
- As soon as a golden crust appears on the surface of the filling, the mushrooms are ready. As a rule, roasting takes about 15 minutes.
Sprinkle the baked hats with chopped herbs and serve to the feast on salad leaves.
Bright cold appetizer can conquer appearance alone. At the same time, it contains a minimum of calories and is easily digested. And if one of your guests does not eat meat, vegetarian aspic will become a real find for the New Year holiday.
List of ingredients:
- 1 red bell pepper;
- 1 boiled carrot;
- 100 g of cauliflower;
- 3 tbsp canned corn;
- 3 tbsp fresh or frozen green peas;
- 4 peas of allspice;
- 2 bay leaves;
- 5 g agar-agar or a bag of gelatin;
- 200 ml of purified water;
- salt to taste.
Cooking step by step:
1. Place the cabbage and green peas in a pan, add spices and salt to taste.
2. Pour purified water and boil vegetables for 10 minutes.
3. Cool slightly, remove vegetables, peppers and bay leaves. Set the broth aside - it will become the basis for aspic.
4. Peel and chop the carrots.
5. Cut a portion of peeled pepper into a cube, and part with strips for decoration.
6. Disassemble the cauliflower into small inflorescences.
7. Combine peas, diced peppers, cabbage inflorescences, corn and carrots.
8. In slices of deep oval, place slices of peppers and carrots for decoration.
9. Fill containers with vegetables.
10. Add agar-agar to the broth and set on fire. Heat, stirring constantly until the agar-agar is completely dissolved.
11. Cool the broth slightly and fill them with vegetables in tins.
12. Cooled mass should be sent to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (preferably at night).
13. Dip the molds with the frozen aspic in hot water so that the base melts a little, and turn it on the dish.
Bright appetizer on the table is ready! You can make a serving of traditional meat aspic just as beautiful - use any curly shape, as in the photo:
Crab sticks in batter
A quick hot appetizer is obtained from crab sticks that everyone loves. It is enough to prepare the egg batter and fry the workpiece in a pan.
- 200 g of crab sticks;
- 2 raw chicken eggs;
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise;
- 5 tbsp wheat flour;
- 6 tbsp breadcrumbs;
- 70 ml of any vegetable oil;
- salt and ground pepper.
- For batter, mix the egg with mayonnaise and flour, salt and pepper. At this stage, you can add fresh herbs and your favorite spices to the mixture.
- Stir until smooth. Batter is ready.
- Free the crab sticks from the film.
- Pour breadcrumbs onto a flat plate for breading.
- Dip the stick carefully into the batter and put on a plate with breadcrumbs. Roll thoroughly on all sides and send to the pan with preheated fat.
- Fry until golden brown on one side, then flip to the second side and bring to readiness.
Serve hot appetizer with sour cream and garlic sauce. Making a snack for a small company will take no more than 20 minutes.
If you have the time and want to surprise guests with your culinary imagination, take the meatloaf recipe into service. The color combination of minced meat and yellow pepper looks very festive and original, and the taste of the dish is extraordinary.
What to take for a roll:
- 0.5 kg of minced pork;
- 1 onion;
- 1 tsp dried garlic powder;
- 5-7 strips of bacon;
- half a large yellow bell pepper;
- salt to taste.
- Grate the onion on a fine grater and combine with minced meat.
- Stir, salt, season with garlic.
- On the countertop, roll out a few baking bags. Put on them strips of bacon in one layer with a wide strip.
- Roll the minced meat into a ball, place it on top of the bags and spread it on the base in the form of a cake with your hands.
- Finely chop the yellow pepper and lay in the center of the strip cakes.
- Wrap the cake in a roll, pressing lightly so that there are no voids inside.
- Wrap in a roasting sleeve, tie the edges and send to the oven.
- Bake at a temperature of 180-190 ° C for 45 minutes.
Especially beautiful meatloaf looks in the context, so serve it chopped into portioned slices. Pepper can be replaced with small quail eggs - boil and put in the form of the filling as a whole.
Stuffed boiled eggs are a win-win option for any feast. As a filling, you can use any products or prepare several diverse options for minced meat. First, boil the hard-boiled eggs - they should boil for less than 7 minutes, and then immediately place the container under a stream of cold water to make the shell easier to move. Cut each copy in two lengthwise, take out the yolk, and fill the resulting cell with minced meat.
- hard cheese + garlic + dill;
- mashed canned fish + pickled onions;
- cod liver + egg yolks;
- slightly salted herring fillet + boiled beets + green onions;
- liver paste + greens;
- fried mushrooms + fried onions + pickles;
- walnuts + yolks + parsley + cilantro + green onions;
- yolk + olives + feta cheese + oregano;
- ham + grated cheese + green onions.
Ingredients from any combination must be chopped, mixed and seasoned with mayonnaise. A pastry bag will help to gently fill the eggs - place the filling in it and squeeze it directly into the cell. For decoration, you can use grains of red or black caviar, sprigs of greens, pieces of fish, gherkins, olives, olives, nuts, sesame and pomegranate seeds. Here's how in these photos:
Unlike the main hot dish, which is prepared in a single copy, holiday snacks should be presented on the table in an assortment. So think over the menu in advance and choose those options for hot and cold snacks that easily fit into your pre-holiday deadline.